It’s no secret that Americans have a problem with portion control. We’re the land of the free, home of the super-size-me option, and all-you-can-eat buffets. But according to the Mayo Clinic, tracking your portion sizes can be the key to losing weight and keeping it off. In an effort to help you out, we’ve found some meals that aren’t only healthy and delicious, they’re perfectly packaged in mason jars so you’re not tempted to overeat or ask for seconds!
1. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day — you can make this one overnight.
2. If you’re more into eggs, make this tasty frittata in the oven.
3. This gluten-free mac and cheese is guilt-free, too.
4. Then again, it’d be tough to turn down this pumpkin mac and cheese.
5. You can personalize these noodle cups and make them ahead of time. When you’re ready to eat ’em, just pour hot water in!
6. This Greek yogurt parfait is the perfect afternoon snack or protein-packed lunch.
7. Yes, you can make a burrito in a mason jar…and yes, it’s delicious.
8. Tacos in a cup? Yep!
9. Portion control means you can have chili and cornbread.
10. Don’t want to be tempted by a whole lasagna? Make a mini one in a jar.
11. These mini chicken pot pies are perfect for the whole family.
12. Just because you’re having salad, doesn’t mean it has to be boring. Shrimp, feta, and avocado make this one awesome.
13. Make mini quiches without the carby crust.
14. This is a healthier, cuter version of a BLT sandwich.
15. The edible flowers in this green garden salad make it pretty and healthy.
16. This adorable alphabet pasta shaker is perfect for the kids to take to school.
17. Okay, so this s’mores cake isn’t especially healthy, but it is perfectly portioned!
I love using mason jars for crafts, but making meals in them is arguably way more rewarding (and delicious)!
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/mason-jar-meals/